Last week, Buckingham Palace publicly shared the news that Prince Philip was taken to a London hospital after the 99-year-old royal began to feel "unwell." Despite the Palace insisting he was hospitalized as a precautionary measure, the Duke of Edinburgh has remained there for almost a week now.
On Monday (February 22), Prince William shared a positive update about his grandfather's health while visiting a vaccine center in Norfolk. "He's okay," the Duke of Cambridge told royal photographer Arthur Edwards at the engagement. "They're keeping an eye on him."
Little else is known about Prince Philip's condition. Since their initial statement about his hospitalization, the Palace has remained mum on the Duke of Edinburgh's health. A royal source spoke to People, however, and said it's not surprising Queen Elizabeth's husband has remained hospitalized for this long. "Following consultation with his doctor, the Duke of Edinburgh is likely to remain in hospital for observation and rest over the weekend and into next week," the source shared. "The doctor is acting with an abundance of caution. The Duke remains in good spirits."
Palace sources have also clarified that the situation is not dire and the reason for Prince Philip's hospitalization isn't COVID-19 related.